Overall 2016 wasn’t that bad compared to 2015. I think I did pretty well on my resolutions, too. I felt so much more focused this year and was able to have more fun.
A look back on 2016 resolutions:
- Read more books, watch less TV. I’ve already finished one book.
I read lots of books! Go me!
2. Get a raise/promotion or find a new job.
Got a big raise in June and another one in December! Did not feel the need to find a new job and rage quit the old one.
3. Find a nice apartment to go with new job.
No new job so no new apartment. I did look, but no luck there. Now I’m looking for houses near my current job.
4. Pass the highest level of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
Results will come out in February. I studied more this year than in 2014 and 2015 combined though.
5. Make more friends and worry less about dating. I’m having too much fun doing my own thing to let some jerk ruin what I’ve got going.
Made some work friends. Didn’t let dating distract me for almost a whole year (May 2015 – June 2016).
6. Take a trip or two to visit friends and family.
Went to Pennsylvania to visit family and Washington D.C. to visit a friend. Also went to Japan to see friends.
Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Saw Hamilton in Chicago. Took a few trips to downtown Chicago with my new friends. Saw Book of Mormon with my family. Had a peaceful Thanksgiving meal despite the contentious election. Shook Barack Obama’s hand when he visited my hometown. Read some amazing books that I will want to re-read again and again. Read my first full novel in Japanese. Went to The Little Mermaid at the municipal opera with my aunt, cousins, and little cousins.
That’s it for 2016.